Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Processes at start up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LAB811

LAB811

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hi The start up taskbar at the bottom right is really starting to fill up. It's to the point that I don't know what programs are necessary to run on start up and which are not. Right now there are icons for my speakers, exif launcher(?),true assistant(from my old AT & T sbcglobal email that is still active),my webcam,PC Firewall Tools +,Yahoo messenger, local area connection, Avira( I know this one is necessary at startup), HP Digital Imaging monitor,Skype & a Safely remove Hardware(?). First please tell me which stays and which should go, then how to stop them from starting at start up and also why is this happening that so may things are starting up in the first place. Thanks for any help you can give me. Please talk to me as simply as you can. I'm good at following directions but terrible at understanding computers....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Download and run Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel (http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml). Uncheck everything except your anti virus app and reboot. You can always re-enable something to load at boot by re-checking it and rebooting.

#3 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Thanks I will try it tomorrow.

#4 LAB811

LAB811
  • Topic Starter