Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee uninstall causes crash

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stasplayer

stasplayer

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I have a dell xps8300. It came with Mcafee av. I wanted to install Norton 360. When I uninstalled Mcafee the system would blue screen on startup. Restore would work to make it operational again. When Mcafee was removed it would work in safe mode but only without networking. Using the Mcafee removal toll did not help. Reinstalling or updating Mcafee and trying to uninstall has not helped. Talking to Mcafee support has not helped. Hmmmmm? Any thoughts?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Julia G

Julia G

• Members
  • 138 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

İ would first ask DELL whether McAfee is embedded in the system,(send them a formal request,NOT just any rep on the phone)and if it can be removed,ask them how to!
İf their suggestions don't help, try uninstalling McAfee using REVO in Safe Mode.
Then while still in Safe Mode,search for and delete any folders of McAfee you find in Program Files.
İ would then go into the Registry Editor ( but ONLY if you're comfortable and familiar with it)and remove any entries of McAfee there as well.

You could also try to disable it,uncheck any Startup entries of it,then try and delete it as suggested above.

P.S Have you checked your user manual for any entries regarding McAfee?

Edited by Julia G, 11 November 2012 - 08:13 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

FWIW: https://community.mcafee.com/message/250646 .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users