Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

watching dvds in win8

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,982 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

found this article a little heads up for all you win8 users

Watch DVDs in Windows 8
Q. I just upgraded to Windows 8. I'm trying to watch DVDs in Windows Media Player, but it's not working. Am I doing something wrong?

A. Microsoft dropped DVD support in Windows Media Player for Windows 8. If you want to play DVDs, you have to upgrade to Windows Media Center. That isn't free and isn't the most powerful or customizable option for watching DVDs. Instead, I recommend VLC Media Player. It works with more formats than the standard options that come with Windows, so it can play video from all over the Web. It can run in a window, unlike Windows Media Center, so it's better for multi-tasking, too.

vlc is a free download. been using for years in both linux and windows.
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:37 PM

Yeah I saw that as well. I wrote this last week to help those who want to play dvds.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/play-dvds-in-windows-8/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users