Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Account Unknown" in user profiles?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chela236

chela236

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

I am finding two Unknown Accounts in my User Profiles.
Posted Image

I have a home network and wondering if that has anything to do with it. Primary computer (IBM) is not hooked up right now and is the one that is directly connected to internet. This one (DELL) is connected via hub as is laptop when used. I am also connected to a domain for work via VPN(though that will be stopping soon)and maybe that has something to do with it?

I need to do a major clean out (for space) on DELL and then a backup and came across this while doing something else.

All all virus defs are up to date and scans run often & regularly so all clear there (Norton SEP).

thanks for thoughts, advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:22 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/windows-7-ultimate-user-profiles-account-unkown/4fe3a1fd-7930-4296-9bd1-94e30f0d91cb

Your network has nothing to do with user profiles on a system regarding such profile entries.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users