Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ladies And Gentlemen....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:39 AM

Behold..... the beauty of "Lair".....

Lair for Ps3

It's best to pause the video first off to allow it to load all the way (or let it play through once, then play it again)... breaks in the visuals don't do it justice.... (warning: you may have to sit through an ad for an un-related game before the actual video).

Thoughts and reactions please....

If this is what a FIRST GENERATION (i'm fairly sure it's planned for the launch date) Playstation 3 title looks like, imagine what will be the product when developers fully understand the hardware..... You can actually see the muscles flex under the leathery, moist skin....

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 22 March 2006 - 01:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:58 AM

wow that is pretty impressive i wonder how the game will actually handle because it looks like an original idea for a game which means theres alot more that can go wrong either way this looks like the ps3's going to come out on top for now at least. :thumbsup:
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:14 PM

looks nice and all but,

what does that mean for gameplay? I'd like to know what the point of the game is and what you have to do cause i'm quite confused with the trailer.

Will this mean we are finially out of the 'awsome looking cutscenes and not as awsome gameplay graphics'?

___

It is exciting to see PS3 titles come to life though and its going to be awsome as developers learn how to use the hardware more and more. I just hope that developers are going to put their time on the games and not just churn multi-platform, not as great games for a quick buck. Which is why I'm so hopeful of MGS4.

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:31 PM

[pessimist mode]
We'll find out in a year or so that it was prerendered.
[/pessimist mode]
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:16 AM

Honestly, I don't believe any of the "previews" that I see for games, even if they say "in game footage used". It always ends up that the graphics on the previews are great. Pay $50 for the game, put it in and watch the sweet start up graphics and intro, then hit start to play. Hmmmm....went from sweet hi-def graphics to a lo-res stick figure with a pistol.

Game trailers can also be misleading. I remember the game trailer for guild wars. The game is nothing like the trailer that came out (but guild wars is still a good game!).
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:21 PM

Honestly, I don't believe any of the "previews" that I see for games, even if they say "in game footage used". It always ends up that the graphics on the previews are great. Pay $50 for the game, put it in and watch the sweet start up graphics and intro, then hit start to play. Hmmmm....went from sweet hi-def graphics to a lo-res stick figure with a pistol.

Game trailers can also be misleading. I remember the game trailer for guild wars. The game is nothing like the trailer that came out (but guild wars is still a good game!).

They do that so you will buy their game! They only show the 'best' footage, not the in-game stuff. The Final Fantasy series, for example, has some of the best FMV cinemas I've seen...but the in game graphics pale in comparison to games like Shadow Hearts Covenant, or Beyond Good & Evil. Luckily, that's changing (Final Fantasy XII's in-game graphics look pretty good! :thumbsup: ), but you can see the marketing scheme to get your cash. Its a slap in the face to the companies that spend lots of time making a game with good graphics, and to us gamers, because they treat us this way ( Marketing guy: "Oh, by the way, the game looks bad in reality; SUCKER! You already bought it!!! *coughlosercough*" :flowers: ")

[pessimist mode]
We'll find out in a year or so that it was prerendered.
[/pessimist mode]

Most of the PS3 videos at E3 were pre-rendered. They were just showing "what the system could possibly do." We'll see if reality fits the grand promises of the marketing guys. :trumpet:

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,714 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:54 PM

If thats in gameplay footage...impressive. If its just trailer (rendered) video its still good..but we have seen that all the time.

No idea what the game is about, but I assume your a dragon defending your lair.

#8 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 26 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

OMG!!! For a modified nVidia 7800... That's impressive!!

BTW post #500!!!

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#9 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2007 - 02:07 PM

I hereby revive this thread with a link to lots of pretty Lair screenshots!

Thread with a lot of Lair screenshots

Edited by Wizdabest, 26 February 2007 - 02:08 PM.

#10 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

I like the water. Still satisfied with my 360 though :thumbsup:
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#11 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

Yea, I can finially start to expand my PS3 library. I only own Resistance: Fall of Man. Other than that, I bought fl0w and I've downloaded every demo available on the network.

I'm definatly getting Motorstorm next week and I'm hoping to get Lair and Heavenly sword in the coming months. Too bad I already own Oblivion on my PC, cause I'd definatly like to at least see Oblivion on the PS3 with it's visual enhancements. Don't know how much good it'll do me though till summer cause I'm not taking my PS3 to college with me, so at least I still have a use for my PS2.

#12 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:59 AM

The water looks just like some DX10 water effects seen around the web.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#13 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

I must bring this thread from death yet again because there are some new videos of Lair that have come out recently that look pretty good. You can check them out from the link below.

http://www.playsyde.com/news_4504_en.html

*edit* You have to scroll down a little bit to get to the video links, but all of those screenshots are from the videos.

Edited by Wizdabest, 27 June 2007 - 01:46 PM.

#14 Beremat

Beremat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

They use way too many specular maps. Too shiny.

#15 TheYoda

TheYoda

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:23 AM

I think watching teh trailer on a computer with 2.5MBs of video RAM doesn't give me the full effect...

Regards,
TheYoda

"A coward dies a thousand times before his death. The valiant never taste of death but once." -William Shakespeare

Fold for your future...Help us find a cure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users