Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Manager?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:00 AM

My computer got somemalware and adware a couple of weeks ago and the only way to delete them is to first turn them off but I can't open my Task manager for some reason. I tried all ways I know such as Alt+Ctrl+Dlt. Please help.
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:38 AM

Hi again Nat Sci,

There are infections out there that disable the Task Manager, but there are other ways to get you cleaned up. To get a look at what infection you have and what needs to be done to fix it we need to see a HijackThis log. Please follow the intructions in the following link: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

Please be sure to post in the HJT forum and have patience--there are a lot of people ahead of you that have similar infections and it takes some time to work out fixes and get to everyone.

Best guess is that removing the malware will also solve the problem you've posted about here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...33&#entry255733

Please don't start anymore threads about your problems until we get you cleaned up.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

#3 Nat Sci

Nat Sci
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:40 AM

Sorry, but those were 2 different topics.
Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

#4 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 01:48 AM

I know they're different topics and might seem like different problems, but i know what malware lately is capable of. So if you want a solution, you really need to post a log.

The fate of all mankind, I see

Is in the hands of fools

--King Crimson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users