Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Wont turn on

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ForzaBest

ForzaBest

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hello.

Yesterday i was going on my laptop and it worked fine.

But when i seen the home screen i realised the charger was not charging the laptop.

So i went to check if charger was plugged in propperly and everything and it was.

So I then shut down the computer thinking a reboot might fix it.

When I tried to load up the laptop it simply wouldn't turn on.

I have tried alot of things to try find the source of the problem, and have not found the reason still.

- I have tried testing the charger in my other laptop (and it worked)

- I have tried putting my other laptop charger into the broken laptop (still wouldn't work)

- I have tried doing both they above, but with the battery out.

The only thing I can come to think what's wrong with it, is the output power hole but maybe it's not that.

If you have any suggestions on what to do, what to try that would be great.

Edited by hamluis, 09 November 2012 - 03:12 PM.
Moved to Internal Hardware from Gen Chat - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

remove battery and charger cord ,hold In the power button for about 1 minute, replace charger and battery and try turning it on

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 micheal1888

micheal1888

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:14 PM

It seems that your laptop dc jack is loose or dead. So You need to get the DC Power Jack Either Repaired or replaced...this is the "female" port where your AC Power cord plugs into.. To Repair the current DC Jack...First you'll need to look closely at the Positive posts to see that they are not broken.. If visibally ok.. then you can look at the Solder Connections.. they will need to first be Desoldered.. Cleaned, then Resoldered back in place.

If you are good at repairing laptop or computer, you may follow up the following guides to fix this dc jack by yourself:
http://www.chargerbuy.com/blog/dc-power-jack-repair-guide-do-it-yourself-instructions/

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

It seems that your laptop dc jack is loose or dead. So You need to get the DC Power Jack Either Repaired or replaced...this is the "female" port where your AC Power cord plugs into.. To Repair the current DC Jack...First you'll need to look closely at the Positive posts to see that they are not broken.. If visibally ok.. then you can look at the Solder Connections.. they will need to first be Desoldered.. Cleaned, then Resoldered back in place.

If you are good at repairing laptop or computer, you may follow up the following guides to fix this dc jack by yourself:
http://www.chargerbuy.com/blog/dc-power-jack-repair-guide-do-it-yourself-instructions/

haven't seen that site in a long time great one though

a lot of newr laptops don't have it souldered to the board anymore ,then has a small plug into the motherboard

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users