Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Poor Colour Printing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 geologist

geologist

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

HI. Have just inserted a new Lexmark No. 1 cartridge into my X3470 printer and all of the colour printing is coming out in a more or less sepia tone. Can someone give me an idea of what is causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

HI. Have just inserted a new Lexmark No. 1 cartridge into my X3470 printer and all of the colour printing is coming out in a more or less sepia tone. Can someone give me an idea of what is causing this?

Have you checked all your settings in case you have accidentally selected sepia? There are dialogs in Photo Editor, Quick Fixes or Image Adjust to colorize and I believe sepia is an option.

Edited by Nanobyte, 09 November 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#3 seooffpage

seooffpage

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

I think there is some problem in setting, check your setting and fix it.

#4 geologist

geologist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Faulty bought online cartridge :thumbup2:

#5 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

Was that the cyan ink?

Edited by Nanobyte, 19 November 2012 - 12:15 AM.

#6 geologist

geologist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

Was that the cyan ink?

Dont really know. Contacted Lexmark support and after I carried out a series of tests under instruction,the techie came to the conclusion that the ink had dried up. Sure enough, fitted a new cartridge and printing now as it should be. Suppliers have offered a refund or replacement + postage so no complaints from me. Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users