Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus on network shares

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boneclod

boneclod

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

Hello,

Recently we had a couple of employees get viruses and we noticed on their network shares that all the folders were hidden and shortcuts were created in their place. Our network admin simply deleted the shortcuts and unhid the files; however, we have started noticing other drives that were not related to the issues are having the same hidden folder/shortcut issues which leads me to believe there is a virus on our network, but I have no way of figuring out how to deal with it.

Any thoughts or help will be VERY appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boneclod

boneclod
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

Seriously? Anyone? Help?

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

Welcome. I think we should get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
If Gmer won't run,skip it.

Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users