Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Dimension 3000 does not connect to internet on startup

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Frazzled1

Frazzled1

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hello,
I have sucessfully completed my work with the malware section of the forum and I still have a particular bug on my computer. When I start up the computer, my USB wireless connection does not automatically start up.It shows "aquiring address" but never seems to complete the process. I need to right click on the wireless icon in the tray and select "repair" and then it connects every time. Sometimes unpplugging and replugging the adapter itself works too, but the repair method id for sure. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

Please try reinstalling the software driver and or clearing the network profile which is the first time you detected your home network SSID and entered the pre-shared key. Then manually connect again by your home network and make sure connect automatically is checkmarked.

Tekken

#3 Frazzled1

Frazzled1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for taking this up jhayz,
The driver I can figure out, but I am not too sure what you mean by clearing out the network profile and how to accomplish that.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Just right-click your wireless adapter - properties - ipv4, wireless connection in xp and network and sharing(vista and 7) manage wireless network then delete.

Tekken

#5 Frazzled1

Frazzled1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hello Jhayz,
I do not see the ipv4 I have TCP/IP v6 Is that the relevant one to delete instead?

#6 Frazzled1

Frazzled1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:09 PM

Ok, after some fumbling I seem to have correctly removed and reinstalled my wireless connector. I have started the machine about 6 times now and it seems to be connecting on startup just fine.
Thank you guys yet again...

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Good news :thumbup2: and thanks for posting back.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users