Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Laptop will not print

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nonnox14

nonnox14

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, 3 years old. It will not communicate with either my Lexmark x3430 all in one printer, nor my HP 9230 ink jet printer. I had Windows 7 on my Laptop. A computer tech from another website suggested that I do the Factory Original Restore. I did that which took my computer back to Windows Vista 64 bit. I hard wired my laptop to the Lexmark printer. I loaded the drivers for the printer from the Lexmark website. It would not print. I get a message that the computer cannot communicate with the printer. I tried all three USB ports on the Laptop and with the same results on each. The USB ports work fine with: external mouse, flash drives, cell phones, external hard drive and external 3" floppy drive. Does anyone have any suggestions? This is driving me crazy. My Laptop is out of warranty, so contacting Dell is no option. :crazy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gilmister

gilmister

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hi nonnox14
Do the following:

Go in the Control Panel
Select Device Manager
Click on the plus sign (+) to the left of "Universal Serial Bus controllers.
Right-click on all instances of "USB Root Hub" and choose "Uninstall.
Choose "File > Exit" in the "Device Manager"
Restart your computer
Windows will automatically install all the necessary drivers and file extensions. You more then likely have a corrupt file (not in a malicious form)

#3 nonnox14

nonnox14
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Someone suggested doing an original restore. I did that to no help
Then someone at work said it had to be a clean install, not a restore to factory or original.

I did a clean install and the laptop will print on both my HP and Lexmark.
However, it won't load the Lexmark 3430 which is my network printer.
I get a code: 0x0000000d
I've done some searching, but nothing has helped.

#4 gilmister

gilmister

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Did you do what I said in my first reply? Do that first if you would like me to help you further. If you can't follow those instructions then you will never be able to go behind your routers firewall and open a new port.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

You cite two printers...then go on to cite only the Lexmark.

Have you verified functionality of these printers with another system?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users