Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 7 Corruption

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 koolkev

koolkev

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys i need a bit of help. I started having problems the other day I was trying to watch a video and it kepp saying I needed to install Flash Player. This was strange since I always had Flash installed. I tried to uninstall and then reinstall, yet I kept getting same message. I decieded to check my windows version as a friend to me to make sure I was running the correct flash for my version of Windows. Upon checking it shows I am running Windows 9. This is impossible as I bought the computer a month or so ago and it only had windows 7 on it.......Need help, Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

This may give us a bit more information for us to look at >>

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Can you also mention the site that you got the message from, as this will help very much -

#3 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

Thanks Noknojon, for your reply I have attached the file from Security Check. As far as the message about Flash, I am getting that constantly, when I try and watch a video, or even tonight I was trying to listen to radio show, and got the same message, that I do not have Flash, although as you can see from the log file, Flash is on my system. I also noticed the last few times I have run SuperAntiSpware, it finds quite a few items, but now after I finsh the scan, I no longer get the massage to reboot to fully remove the corrupt items........

Attached Files

#4 koolkev

koolkev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

I was able to find out from a friend that my IE settings were for 64 bit, and he had me reset the Ie settings to default and it is working for now, as I did not get any messages that Flash isnt downloaded. In other words as of now it seems to have fixed the problem. I would still like to know what you thought of the scan i provided, and if there are any other anti malware tools you would suggest.......Thanks

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

AVG PC TuneUp Language Pack (en-US)
Norton 360
Do you know if you have both of these programs installed ??

Adobe Flash Player 11.5.502.110 << This is about correct for current version -
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.1.1000 << This is OK, just keep it updated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users