Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 lmlourenco

lmlourenco

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic474076.html/page__p__2889851#entry2889851 - Hamluis.

Help...I was having the same problem above and was able to get to the safe mode with command prompt and ran the commands that you outlined above...diskpart...select disk 0...select partition...active....and now my computer won' boot I get ablack screen with status: 0xc000000f info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. My original problem was the file restore virus...I was able to unhide my hidden files but things were running real slow and still did not seem right with internet etc. Now Windows 7 won't boot and I am clueless how to get back to a command prompt screen to undo all that stuff qnd I do not have the original Windows files cds because everything was just destroyed in the storm Sandy. I live in NJ.

Edited by hamluis, 08 November 2012 - 02:12 PM.
Split topic, PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Your best bet is to start your own thread describing the issues you are having...

Mod Edit: Created new topic for poster - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 08 November 2012 - 02:13 PM.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Let me ask a malware response team member to help you

good luck

#4 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hello lmlourenco :)

• I will be helping with your computer problems.
  • From this point on, it is very important that you refrain from doing anything else to your computer other than what I have requested of you.
  • I do not mind if you browse the web, do basic tasks, or even test to see if the problem(s) you are experiencing are still occurring with the computer while we are working together, but do not run any tools/fixes unless I or another helper from this thread has asked you to do so.
  • Remember that you came here for help, so allow us to help you :)
  • If something does not run, make a detailed note of what problems you encountered along the way (exact error messages are preferred), but continue onto the next steps until you reach the end of my post.
  • Always do the steps they are listed in (left to right, top to bottom).
  • I prefer that you complete all the steps while you are in Normal Mode. However, I understand that sometimes this is not possible. If you are unsuccessful in getting a tool/fix to run from Normal Mode, but Safe Mode works, then use Safe Mode.
  • If you have a question about something, do not hesitate to ask.

Let's begin:

If you restart your computer, and as soon as it restarts continuously press the F8 key. Do you eventually get to a screen like the following:

Posted Image

Let me know this first.

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

Hello, Just letting you know I moved this to the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum,where it will stay.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 lmlourenco

lmlourenco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

No, I get a screen that has a black background with a white bar across the top that says "Windows Boot Manager" Below it reads:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings,and click "Next" 3. Click "Repair your computer." If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. Status: 0xc000000f Info: The boot selection failed because required device is inaccessible.

Thank you...

#7 lmlourenco

lmlourenco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:48 PM

No, I get a screen that has a black background with a white bar across the top that says "Windows Boot Manager" Below it reads:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem: 1. Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your language settings,and click "Next" 3. Click "Repair your computer." If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. Status: 0xc000000f Info: The boot selection failed because required device is inaccessible.

Thank you...

#8 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

Ok thanks for explaining.

Do you have another Windows 7 computer that you use to create a system recovery disc using these instructions? http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

#9 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Don't miss my previous post but you may continue with these instructions:

Preferably from a clean computer, I need you to download: Download: gparted-live-0.14.0-1.iso
This is an image file, use a working computer to create a bootable GParted disc using the gparted-live-0.14.0-1.iso provided.
A free program to do this is: ImgBurn
Here is a tutorial on how to create a bootable CD using ImgBurn: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=61

Once you've successfully created the GParted bootable CD, insert it into the CD tray of the infected computer and restart the computer. Allow the computer to boot from the CD.

Posted Image
You should be here...
Press ENTER
Posted Image
By default, do not touch keymap is highlighted. Leave this setting alone and just press ENTER.
Posted Image
Choose your language and press ENTER. English is default [33]
Posted Image
Once again, at this prompt, press ENTER
You will now be taken to the main GUI screen below
Posted Image
According to your logs, the partition that you want to delete is 10 MiB (10 MB)
Click the trash can icon to delete and then click Apply.
You should now be here confirming your actions:
Posted Image
Now you should be here:
Posted Image
Is boot next to your OS drive? According to your logs, your OS drive is the 74 GiB sized partition.
Posted Image
If boot is not next to your OS drive under Flags, right-mouse click the OS drive while in Gparted and select Manage Flags

In the menu that pops up, place a checkmark in boot like the picture below:
Posted Image
Now press the Close button to save these changes.
Now double-click the Posted Image button.
You should receive a small pop up like this:
Posted Image
Choose reboot and then press OK.

Now restart he computer while the GParted CD is removed from the CD tray.

Let me know how it goes.

Edited by thisisu, 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#10 lmlourenco

lmlourenco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I was finally able to access a computer with windows 7 and created the repair disc. I was just able to boot the cd and make the start up repair. Now the next item you listed above creating a GParted CD is that to fix the virus? Or an alternate method to boot my computer?

#11 lmlourenco

lmlourenco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Also when I finally was able to start up after the repair I got a message that my recycle bin was corrupted.

#12 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Now the next item you listed above creating a GParted CD is that to fix the virus? Or an alternate method to boot my computer?

Both actually.

It sounds like you did it successfully as you say you are now getting a message that your recycle bin is corrupt?

#13 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic will be closed.

If you need the topic re-opened, private message me or any moderator to re-open the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users