Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sorely disappointed in this forum

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lather3

Lather3

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I am sorely disappointed in this forum; I don't claim to be a computer geek just someone who needed help. My machine was infected and then ended width the BSOD. One person picked up my issue than handed it off to someone else who promptly dropped it after a couple of rounds of suggestions. I just needed help but I guess you get what you pay for.

Edited by Andrew, 08 November 2012 - 12:33 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved from MRL to Comments - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm very sorry you feel that way. Since you're not likely to be returning, I will go ahead and close your ongoing malware assistance topic. If you change your mind and still need help, please feel free to contact me or another staff member.

#3 Lather3

Lather3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:34 PM

Might as well close it I am not getting any help anyway; although I still have the problem!

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I am sorry to hear that. But, as you pointed out in your first post rather obliquely, no one is being paid here: these are all volunteers. If you are unhappy with our free service, there are other free and paid services which you may find more accommodating to your expectations and schedule.

#5 Lather3

Lather3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

It has nothing to do with expect ions or schedule it has to do with just being dropped with no explanation!

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

You were given an explanation. An unbootable computer needs special attention, which is why Nasdaq handed off your topic to thisisu who is more experienced with unbootables.

#7 Lather3

Lather3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Yes and it was thisisu that dropped it and you guys can not talk negative comments so you closed my topic

#8 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Your malware topic was closed since that's how we keep track of which ones are still active. You last replied to the topic one minute after thisisu's most recent response. This complaint topic was added less than 24 hours later. thisisu didn't drop you, but he also wasn't helping only you.

The nature of our help forum is asynchronous: it may take 24 hours for a helper to reply back. No topic in the malware forums is ever dropped or ignored, but patience is an absolute necessity.

Edited by Andrew, 08 November 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#9 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

@Lather3
I'm really not sure why you filed this complaint.
I am the one that is waiting for you to respond. You said you found the setting I was referring to and "will" try it.

Your exact message:

Dell Latitude D830. But I found what you talking about and will run

But you never let me know how it went...

A more appropriate response would have been something like "Ok, I found what you were talking about and I tried it. I still have the same issue".

At least then we could have tried something else.

Do you want the topic reopened or not?

Edited by thisisu, 08 November 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#10 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

Im sorry you feel like you were ignored buddy... Im sure it wasnt made to look that way ON PURPOSE!!

I hope you will stay around,THIS REALLY IS A G00D PLACE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users