Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ultrabooks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blacktiger826

blacktiger826

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Which ultrabook do you guys like?
im looking at the x1 carbon,zenbook prime/prime touch, and other similar ones.
a couple things which i need/prefer
1. thinner is better.
2. good touch pad.
3. decent performance with knowledge that it is a portable computer and not a gaming/performace laptop.
4. price-im looking in the higher end ultra book area for this but would like to save if at all possible.
5. graphics, they dont need to be amazing but decent is on the wishlist
6. touch screen is not a necessity but i will be using windows 8 for sure so it would be a plus.
7. I would like BUT do not need the extra connectivity abilities(TV connection, ect are not a must have)

other wishes(the laptop doesnt need to have these but it would be really nice.....)
Id prefer it to have an ssd and be as silent as possible since I want to be able to use this computer even when people are sleeping(i think the ssd helps and fans in ultrabooks are usually quieter so i think im good here actually).

Also i want to run basic games like league of legends or medieval 2 total war on medium or low. Would the integrated intel 4000 graphics satisfy this or do i need a basic nvidia card found in some of the more expensive ultrabooks?

Edited by blacktiger826, 08 November 2012 - 01:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

The ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DH71 is the highest end Windows 8 Ultrabook available and yes the HD4000 can play those games on medium settings not to sure about high.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users