Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The type of currency I see is not where I live

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vagabonder1

vagabonder1

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Kind of hard to explain, but the other day I was shopping at kohls.com and it seemed my $ switched to the british pound sign. I though it was me accessing the web site through a wrong link and so I restarted my shopping by closing that link and opening a new web page... to have the same issue. The symbol was interchanged; however, the value of what I was buying was in american dollars (just with the british pound sign). I completed my purchase and didn't think about it again until today.
Today I go on to shutterfly to look at christmas cards and I get this symbol: £ instead of the dollar sign. Kind of weird to now have 2 web sites with messed up symbols right? I checked my system and it still has me in the USA... and I haven't found another site to give me an non $ symbol.

I've never encountered this (and I shop alot online)... any thoughts? I rescanned my computer (with Norton.... I know not the best) and nothing was detected.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Hello vagabonder1,thisappears to a coding error. Read post 4 here
L@@K
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 vagabonder1

vagabonder1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Thank you so much for the help! I'm curious why this happened when it was fine before?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Site or forum maintenance may have introduced a bug undocumented feature in the site coding. Difficult to know what was done on the backend of the site to possibly cause it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

From Australia I get the prices in $ but I need to use a converter to change it to Australian $.

Try this link that was OK >> Kohl's | Shop Clothing, Shoes, Home, Kitchen, Bedding, Toys & More

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users