Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java update flashing popups

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs Beach

Mrs Beach

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Every once in a while I keep getting a flashing pop up at the bottom of my screen saying a Java update is available wanting me to click it. In the past I have done that and got a virus from it. (Bleeping computers helped me get rid of it)I run a scan with avast and malwarebytes that I have installed but they never find a virus. I am just asking if I can trust it or is it a virus thats hidden so well that it cant be detected by avast or maywarebytes?

Edited by Mrs Beach, 07 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

If you want to make sure of a java update is legit. Go to your java control panel settings, update tab and make sure notify before downloading is set or click update now to confirm of a new update is release. http://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_update.xml

Tekken

#3 Mrs Beach

Mrs Beach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thank you Jhayz .. It did need to be updated. The last virus I had snuck in attached to a file such as Java and I was scared.
I have one more question if you dont mind please .. at restart I get a message box from SAIICpl thats says "The required .NET framework is not found! The SmartAudio II application will be terminated" .. what does that mean?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

It sounds like a corrupted audio driver. Go to your manufacturing support site and look for the correct driver for your computer model and operating system used and uninstall the current and run the newly downloaded driver. If you need help regarding the driver, please post more information.

Tekken

#5 Mrs Beach

Mrs Beach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Ok I probably screwed up .. I am a little lost as to the audio driver .. I clicked on the audio driver in uninstall programs to see it and it uninstalled before I knew it .. it had no file size I did see that much. I went on Toshiba website and could not find my model number
Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5093 ser# 9A075163W .. am I in trouble?
weird thing is .. my audio sounds great

Edited by Mrs Beach, 11 November 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,561 posts
  •  

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

If your audio is working properly...you don't need a driver for that function :).

Louis

#7 Mrs Beach

Mrs Beach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Ok .. the pop up box stopped popping up also .. so thank you both very much :thumbsup:

#8 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ahhhm maybe it decided to take a vacation... :lol:

Tekken

#9 Mrs Beach

Mrs Beach
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Oh you are so funny .. :P I think it stopped after I uninstalled the audio driver .. or ... maybe it did take a vaca :o (thanks again)

Edited by Mrs Beach, 18 November 2012 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users