Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

From Blinking Screen not loading login options to Blank Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 krd27

krd27

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop with core 2 duo (I forget how many GB the hd is) that had Windows 7 Home Premium edition installed on it when I got it. (I have no idea where any of the CDs that came with it are now.)I had been having problems with the login screen just flashing from the blue background image to black and the mouse just showing the circle thing with Please Wait... showing, instead of loading the icons. Normally, there are two icons that show up. One is the Fast Access icon that has facial recognition and the other icon is the one to type my password.
It would only run in safe mode, and none of my restore points would make windows load normally, but I know next to nothing about computers and wasn't able to find a tutorial on how to fix it, so I downloaded Ubuntu instead by using Windows in safe mode with networking. I was having problems with Ubuntu freezing, so on the next startup I chose to run diagnostics tests and the monitor connection test & the sata confidence test both failed, while everything else passed, which I don't understand because I wasn't having any problems with dead pixels or colors or anything or saving any files. (I think the hd test said something about $I30 31344?) I went into bios setup and clicked factory restore or something along those lines, thinking that it would restore Windows to how it was when I first got the laptop and now, it loads the Dell circle at startup followed by a black screen with a white blinking underscore, but I can't type anything. How do I get it to load Windows 7 again?

Edited by krd27, 07 November 2012 - 01:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users