Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen while gaming, PC running sluggish

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Izlandi

Izlandi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Hello!
I had a friend of mine help me build this computer from scratch a few years ago. It's been working great until a few months ago. I have had several issues, some may be pertaining to hardware, some not. Perhaps there would be better with one thread for each issue but I have a hunch they are at least some how related. I'm unsure if this thread fits here on in any other forum. Any help with either one of them would be appreciated. All of my drivers (AFAIK) are up to date, all Windows updates are installed and all applications I have problems with are updated as well.

Then, during some heavier games, such as Skyrim I would get a completely black screen mid-game. Recently it's been happening in Guild Wars 2. The sound would still be on, and background applications seemed to be running (could still talk on Skype), the screen would just go black and the monitor shut off. Opening task manager, alt-tabbing, trying to exit the would not work. The only solution would be a hard reset. This only happened once or twice in the past, but recently it's been happening more often, especially during longer gaming sessions.

I recently got infected, but I got help with that (see this thread for reference). However, one of the non-virus related (I believe) blue screens I received is:

BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000006
BCP2: FFFFF8000486966B
BCP3: FFFFF8800A8466E8
BCP4: FFFFF8800A845F40
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\110512-43461-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hugo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-57611-0.sysdata.xml

It has not happened since, however.

Booting used to take roughly ~45 seconds before my desktop was fully loaded, now it's close to 3 minutes. I do realize as time goes by booting might get slower, but not this much. First of all, when I turn the computer on the ASUS-screen flashes briefly, and it seems to initiate something, and then after a few seconds the ASUS-screen flashes again and it's not until now the actual loading of Windows starts. I can't for the life of me recall if it used to be like this, it seems weird to me though. Then when Windows loads, it first shows the Win7-logo for a time then it slowly switches to show the cursor, the welcome screen, and finally my desktop. This for sure didn't be like this. I do realize that my descriptions are sub-par but my hardware related knowledge is quite limited. I could post a video if that helps, just say the word.

Then sometimes while browsing the web, with just a few tabs open Chrome (or Firefox) will freeze up for a few seconds and then return to normal. This do not seem to be related to what I'm doing, although I have noticed that it does occur more frequently when just having opened a new tab. Also, foobar (or any media player) will sometimes freeze and stop playback for 2-3 seconds before resuming. If I check CPU/Ram-usage through task manager while this happens there does not seem to be a spike. It has happened when foobar is the only running application on my computer (except for background services) too. Sometimes changing the track takes a few seconds instead of starting instantly (which it used to do). Oh, as evident from the thread I have still not been able to complete a SFC-scan, it quits at 26%.

Here is a snapshot from Speccy: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/IQjxO4tmKv2K4Elu5Um0hLY

Thank you for taking the time to read so far, I'm patiently awaiting any reply. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users