Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about program location

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MalwareMutilator

MalwareMutilator

• Members
  • 931 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hi all,

I always use Security Check by screen317 to ensure my programs are up to date. However, it keeps telling me that I have Adobe Reader 9.0 on my system. I am certainly running the most current version of Adobe, and I can't find a reference to Adobe 9 anywhere on my system. Can any of you tell me where version 9 may be hiding so I can delete it?

I did a search for “Adobe” on my system and I got over 200 listings. When I search for Adobe 9, or reader 9, I get no hits. It's not listed in my uninstall list either.

Thanks

WinXP SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sundavis

sundavis

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,708 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Did you try to uninstall it with Windows Installer Cleanup Utility or third party programs such as AppRemove or Revo uninstaller?

Otherwise, you may reinstall Adobe Reader 9 and remove it via Add/Remove Programs or with third party programs. If no luck, kill all and get a new copy. :wink:

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Adobe Reader is now Version 11 - Untick the Google Option when installing - Download this version first -

Install the latest version and check in ADD / REMOVE to see what is installed now -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users