Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pointing to Amazon S3 Bucket

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joebeaven

joebeaven

• Members
  • 422 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi,

I would like to host my website at Amazon S3 and I've uploaded it to a bucket, but I'm having trouble getting my domain name to point to it.

I set up a CNAME record in the DNS manager pointing to attractivetowomen.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com which is my bucket, but when I tried to save I got an error saying: "A record of a different type exists for the hostname @. Could not create CNAME.

Here's a screen dump showing the error:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7845/godaddy.jpg

Please can someone tell me how to stop this from happening?

Thanks,
Joe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

It would be much quicker to use godaddy help. They should know within minutes if you there are any configuration issues on their end, and will be able to help you. Unless of course someone else happens to have run across a similar error when configuring their site through godaddy.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

The picture shows that you already have a @ cname configured and its pointed to 68.178.232.100. Put a checkmark next to that existing entry and then select delete.

When the record has been deleted, add a new cname pointing where you want it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users