Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are You Getting Tired Of Crime Shows On Tv?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:17 PM

I dont know about you but im sick of stupid CSI and its spin offs...
What do you think are you ready for some new shows?

There is just to many CSI and Law shows on tv. Im glad the put on THE UNIT and PRISON break on tv.
Whats your thoughts? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:41 PM

Yea we need some new writers in hollywood. I'm getting tired of the same themes and stupid "meanings." In shows and moives.

On about 99.9999999999999% of all shows on Television, you can turn it on and predict who will cheat on who, who will get in trouble, or who will get rewarded.

Even the movies are getting old. I watched "The Diary of a Mad Black Woman," (it's actually a comedy) and I knew what was going to happen before it even happened.

This is not the only movie.... just look at any movie out there.

Even the Matrix, it was a new spin in hollywood at the time, however I knew who was going to die, even in the second movie.

We need to bring out the talent from all these "young" writers and send them to Hollywood.

#3 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:19 PM

Actually, I'm more sick of reality TV than anything else. While I still watch CSI Miami, I don't watch the others anymore...or Law and Order...I guess I did get tired of them (the only reason I still watch CSI Miami is because I love David Caruso :thumbsup: ). The shows I've been overdosing on for the past year are old comedies...thanks to DVD on TV, I've been able to watch Fresh Prince of Bel-Air...Titus...Futurama...Frasier...Golden Girls...Home Improvement...Family Guy...and old school favorites like Hogan's Heroes...M*A*S*H...Soap...and Bewitched.

There is one good crime drama out there right now...Criminal Minds...they spend lots of time profiling criminals and their activites instead of interviewing everyone on planet Earth or staring at DNA crap all day :flowers: .

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:07 AM

Criminal minds is the only show im not tired of that has to do with law and such. Well I also watch close to home which is good too.

The comedies are getting so stupid and having one to many sexual comments I think. I dont watch really any commedies at the moment.

I like some of the old shows like Family matters and I dream of Jeanie.
They used to know how to make good shows now most of them are "really" a waste of time and you get nothing from them.

#5 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:12 AM

"Numb3rs" is a crime show with a different twist.

SciFi has just started showing the new Dr Who series.
Derfram
~~~~~~

#6 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:45 AM

I don't like the military/police state trend in television.
It is not a good sign.
The characters all hold their flashlights the same way.
They all use guns to solve problems.
They all "belong" to the state/government.
Abe Lincoln said something about the USA being a country of the people,by the people,for the people.

Not of the politicians/government/police/millitary,by politicians/government/police/millitary,for politicians/government/police/millitary.

Victor Hugo,George Orwell & and Aldous Huxley all warned of the dangers of police states.
Ray Bradbury wrote Farenheight 451.
A cautionary tale.

I would like to see shows that stimulate the mind & spirit & not brainwash & titilate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users