Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

About to go crazy. computer sooo slow.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Faded Picture

Faded Picture

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

i hope its okay to post this here, but my computer is sooo slow. wepages take forever to load, videos on youtube, forget it. it lags, freezes for a few seconds, and its frustrating.

what happened was my computer was acting up a little bit and i remembered my friend had something called tune up utilities on her computer. she showed me how to use it incase i wanted to put it on my computer. she said it helped her computer A LOT, it was faster. so i thought i would try it and downloaded a trial and started doing the things she told me, and things that the program said i should do, and it didnt work at all, it just made it worse. it was talking about disabling start up programs and programs i had no idea about, but the computer was just getting worse, so i did a system restore (think thats the name, go back in time on coputer) anyways, it was right before i downloaded tune up utilities, so yeah, now its slightly better than it was, but still slow and lagging at some points, taking a long time to load a web page. i dont know if maybe i got a bug or if its just from something i did thats making it like this. im not sure what logs to post here so i will let u tell me what to go from here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hello, you didn't say your OPerating System, so boot to Safe mode with networking.

Reboot into Safe Mode with Networking
How to enter safe mode(XP/Vista)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Please Download

TDSSkiller

Launch it. Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file system

Click on "Scan".
Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive)

Do not change the default options on scan results.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Delete.
  • Confirm each time with Ok.
  • You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Posted Image Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista or Seven, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

>>>>
MiniToolBox
Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Faded Picture

Faded Picture
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

sorry its been soo long but ive been having some bad computer problems. im thinking now its a hardware issue because i had to do a full ssytem restore and the internet is stil slow. not sure if any of these steps will help me out or not. if they will, tell me and i will do it, but if it wont help me then u can close this topic

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Infection can interfere with internet.. the scans could be useful/

Also Clean your web browser's cache, cookies, and history?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users