Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Input, Suggestion and Feedback

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shieldcore

Shieldcore

Authorized ShieldCore Representative

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

My name is Adam, I’m a networking enthusiast and I've been working closely with an independent team developing a Network security device running on OpenBSD.

We would like to get some early feedback before releasing these appliances to the public. We have worked really hard to make this the best it can be and we hope to get as much input, suggestions, pro's & con's, and comments to make sure we've covered our bases. The technical website is http://docs.shieldcore.com/index.php/Main_Page. Many thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

ShieldCore has been validated and been given permission to post about their product.

Adam, I have gone to the link, but the Wiki is blank. Can you share some more info about this product? Is it being developed by ShieldCore or another group?

#3 Shieldcore

Shieldcore

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

The technical site is http://docs.shieldcore.com/index.php/Main_Page

I really appreciate all feedback, I'm sitting at my desk right now, very excited to receive input, there has been a noticeable buzz around Shieldcore, the team has spent years preparing for this.

I encourage those who consider themselves technical enough to understand the information presented to tell us what you think, likes/dislikes, we listen and value your input.

Thanks for reading

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

For those who are not familiar with your products, can you give us a brief overview of what they do? I looked through your site and though you provide a good information on the hardware used by your products, I cant seem to find a general overview as to what they actually do. Is it a firewall, vpn appliance, kvm over ip? I am not 100% sure.

#5 Shieldcore

Shieldcore

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

The team at Shieldcore engineers and manufactures complete end to end networking solutions for Tier One companies since 1998. They’re now, for the first time offering their Enterprise-level appliances to the SMB market at affordable prices.

These networking solutions are “turn-key” so they’re easy to set up and maintain. Some of the features include:
-User-Friendly GUI built upon OpenBSD, #1 Most secure operating system on the planet
-Antivirus protection with over 1 million Definitions
-Greylisting SPAM Protection
-VPN (Virtual Private Network- SSL & Site to Site)
-IPV6 Gateway Support (NAT Translation)
-Detailed Traffic Logging
-High Availability (w/State Sync) / Interface Bonding for Redundancy
-Banding multiple connections into one appliance
-Shipped with extra power supply, to prevent downtime
-Intrusion Detection & Prevention
-Routing VLAN with over 3000 concurrent sessions
-Stateful Firewall (Packet Filter)
-Layer 2 (Data-link), Layer 4 (Transport) and Layer 7 (Application) Gateways
-Traffic Management
-Proxy Server with Web Content Filtering
-Optional Hard Drive caching of web traffic, especially useful for limited bandwidth connections
-Intel Hardware, including Dual Core Atom running at 1800mhz, with 1 Gbps of Throughput per Port – Huge acceleration in upload/download speeds, maximizing available bandwidth

It’s important to note that all of these features are for the first time free of any licensing of subscription costs, saving businesses Huge on “Price vs Value” scale, and lowering the Total Cost of Ownership. Also something worth mentioning is that most companies offer a 90 day warranty with networking devices and charge you extra to extend the warranty. Shieldcore offers a 5 year limited warranty on all their devices at no extra cost, making the secure choice as simple as it can be.

Hope this answers the question,

Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users