Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8 already dead

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Corona1

Corona1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

I've had windows 8 running for about a month now, full version via my school.

It has been running fine except until recently. I am stuck in what appears to be an endless loop of death.

What's happened: I installed Symantec endpoint protection (school has it for free) a few days ago and today I had to restart my comp. not necessarily the first reboot after Symantec install. It tried to boot but I got a frowny face saying there was an error and windows couldn't boot " system service exception (sysplant.sys) ".

What ive tried: rebooting and then I was prompted to do a sys restore. Ok i tried that and it just goes to a black screen with a windows logo and does nothing. Tried pressing shift f8 and mashing f8 to get to a helpful screen, but windows has failed and it goes into the sys restore loop again.

Anyway other way I can get to a command prompt? Or a program I can burn an Iso onto a flash that has recovery tools? I'd rather not do a fresh reinstall again I've done it twice this year :(

Comp info:
Fujitsu t900
Windows 8 64 bit
It sucks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Corona1

Corona1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Edit: literally smashed it a few times and it booted up. Going to clear out Symantec now and make some more restore points

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,617 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

LOL... a good smashing always does wonders. In the future, you could probably have done a system restore back to a restore point that was created prior to installing Smantec.

#4 smerffed

smerffed

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:09 AM

Edit: literally smashed it a few times and it booted up. Going to clear out Symantec now and make some more restore points

Windows 8 doesn't have boot interrupt keys. You'll have to boot from the install disc to use special booting every time.

Also, don't use Symantec products. They're a load of garbage. Just my suggestion though lol.

Edited by smerffed, 13 November 2012 - 11:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users