Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

FBI warning virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 griff210

griff210

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Well first post howdy to everyone, Been an it tech for 20 years and know how to clean this virus but this laptop my buddy gave me has a screen that is cracked so i have to put my lcd monitor on it to get display, unfortunatly it only comes up with windows so i cant get into safe mode to fix it. Was wondering what i can do to get this off if i have enough time to type a dos cmd, or something. I hate to pull the drive and slave it in to my desktop or laptops as i dont want them infected with this pita virus to clean.
Would like any opinions on what i should try first or just tell this cat to buy a new lcd and ill put it in. They have several pcs in their house and they just use a large lcd to boot to so he didnt want to spend any cash on the lcd since they use it for kids homework etc etc. Regardless any advice, thanks.
BrianG

Edited by hamluis, 07 November 2012 - 11:31 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zer0c0nfig

zer0c0nfig

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Is there an option on your BIOS to direct the display to the LCD?
Also you could try Hirens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users