Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Major Help ASAP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fromdecember

fromdecember

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

I'm having some issues with my PC. I believe it's a hardware issue, which is why I am posting in this section. I would appreciate any help.

My Basic Specs Are:
Intel Core 2 Quad (msi diamond p7n) Q6700 2.66GHz
6gig ram
GeForce 8800 GT
2 500gig HDs
2 DVD/RW burners
Windows 7 x64

My machine was built about 3-4 years ago. I believe about 2 years ago, my power supply died so I had to get another one. Then around February (I think), I had another die and got another one. This last time, I think it may have damaged my motherboard. I have 4 ram slots for allowing 8gigs, but one slot doesn't work anymore (if I put another stick in, it doesn't boot or it'll go reboot loop).

It plays videos glitchy a lot of times. I do video and graphics, so it's quite annoying. It also will run fine and all of a sudden, run slow and play catch up. My fan on the side panel door was broke so I left it open for the last 6 months I'd say and let a fan in my office blow around the room and on the computer to keep it cool. My friend suggested to get RealTemp to see if my computer was getting too hot. When I would play video, it would get to about 92 C. So I replaced my fan on my side panel, but it hasn't helped.

I decided last week to format my secondary HD and put a fresh copy of Windows 7, Chrome, and my Adobe Suite to see how it runs with the basics I need. It runs no better. Still choppy.

All my drivers are up-to-date, malware and virus scanned, etc.

Any ideas what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I'd check the condition of the hard drive...by running a hard drive diagnostic (full/long test)...before worrying about possible Windows problems.

If you have a history of PSU problems, then you have the risk of ongoing MB problems, IMO. Did you replace the removed PSU with one that was more capable?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users