Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP PSC 2355 printer error message

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

All of a sudden I am getting an error message on this HP 4 in 1 Printer. I uplug it and plug it back in and it sometimes print a page or two then the message again. Then I do it again so it is getting old and very time consuming. I can't find too much on the HP site - they will probably say to get as new printer!

Here is the message: 0xb9282a0e 165:hw-onterrupt-hwv2.c

Sometimes I get another message: 0x88108038 and the 2nd line is gobbledegook!!

I am running XP Professional and this is a 4 in 1 printer - which I do like. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nanobyte

Nanobyte

• Members
  • 431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

Were there any unusual circumstances leading up to its demise? If you can't get support from HP there is not much hope. Yours is not a regular error message. Any errors shown in Control Panel/Printers..../your printer? Any errors shown in Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus Controllers, probably "USB Printing Support" item. Any recent Windows issues? Have you tried the unit's other capabilities to see if they have issues?

All you can do is the basics. You should check the paper paths thoroughly for any blockages or build-ups. There is a clean-out door at the back. You could try uninstalling the printer and reinstalling. Check cables connections and cartridges are fully inserted.

Although the price of ink cartridges is daylight robbery, the upside is that the actual printers are relatively cheap.

#3 judyjht

judyjht
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

Thanks I will check when I get back home on Sunday. I am not so hopeful . I really like it too. Oh we'll! I will keep you posted. Thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users