Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Troubles with Toshiba L300 laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 derekh110953

derekh110953

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Hi,

Relatively new here and had some help of Louis last week.

I've been having problems with IE8 randomly freezing whilst opening web pages recently. I had noticed on checking Event Viewer that there were a lot of errors and warnings listed which had started on 21st June 2012. Also had a sudden shutdown which prompted me 1st post here which Louis replied. After getting me to run Minitoolbox he suggested I needed to remove Comodo CIS, this was a leftover from a problem I had with Comodo last year and couldn't resolve. He also asked that I download and run SPECCY from Piriform. SPECCY wouldn't run and came up with an error message.
Anyway I managed to remove COMODO with Louis' help and things did seem a little better straight afterwards. However I am still having random freezes and hangs on IE8 and have to resort to Task Manager to shut the page/browser down and on checking Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events I still lots of errors and warnings. Far too many to list and most of which I am struggling to decipher.
I have also noticed that my lappy is stil running a little hotter than I recall it doing.

Am I in the right place/forum here that get some help and or advise about these errors even down to whether I should be bother with them at all?
I am running Vista Home and IE8(thinking of going to IE9 but not sure I should with the issues I have at the moment).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

If your thread is still active, please re-visit or post the link to avoid any confusion. I would start with an upgrade to IE9 first.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users