Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would a media server work?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computerfunguy

computerfunguy

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

I just got off the phone with someone who wants to hire me to do a "networking" job. Here has a wireless network. He told me he wants to be able to watch movies on every wireless device in his house. He wants to be able to somehow hook up a dvd player/burner to his wireless network as well. He also wants to be able to watch internet/movies on his NON wireless tvs. I have never done a job like this before. Should i recommend a media server? How should i go about doing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hello,

Here is a decent video about it, but there is tons of info out there and free choices.
Youtube. Good luck :thumbup2:
Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

You might want to start by listing what equipment he has, this will determine what can be done toward this goal.

There are DVD players, HDTVs and other source devices which have wifi capabilities, and a great deal which don't.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users