Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop shuts down when booted up a Windows 7 installer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ~blackrose@};~

~blackrose@};~

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

I wanted to reformat my laptop using a 64-bit windows 7 professional DVD, but everytime I boot it up after the installer loads and before it reaches the Installation GUI it automatically shuts down. I tried booting up my Kaspersky original CD since it has this Rescue Tools but as soon as it reaches the GUI of my laptop shuts down. The reason I wanted to reformat my laptop was because a Trojan named " JS:ScriptIP-inf" infiltrated my laptop and after changing my antivirus to kaspersky internet security 2013 my laptop just became too slow that my commonly used programs and games now takes so much time before it could open.

My laptop is an MSI CX420, Core i5, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, ATI Mobility Radeon 5470 with 1GB dedicated memory.

Hope someone could help me and thanks in advance ^^

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Can you run a memory test on it? There is no reason it should be doing that, because you are actually booting to the dvd. Is that correct? This sounds more like a hardware problem. Can you boot to your bios? Can you boot to safe mode?

Edited by Hadnjury, 06 November 2012 - 11:45 AM.

Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users