Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Wont Turn On

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Boolga

Boolga

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I bought my computer about a year ago off IBuypower. It's a windows 7 model and I'm not sure how to check the other specs of it. Recently it has been having issues turning on. It wouldn't respond when I hit the power button so I turn the power switch off and on after a couple of seconds. This works sometimes but recently I couldn't play League of Legends so I uninstalled and re installed the program. When I launched the program my computer suddenly shut off with no warning. I did my power turn on and off trick and it turned on and I went into safe mode and reset my computer to when I installed League of Legends. This time when I logged in it shut off instantly and now the trick doesn't work. It will turn on however for a split second making the lights and fans run for half a second at best. If you need more information about my computer I'll need instruction on how to find out. I cannot get on my computer so don't ask for specs that requires me to be on it. I don't know much about the hardware so if it's not an easy fix I'll probably just take it into a computer repair shop. Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Most likely the power supply failed. You can buy a tester and test it yourself easily or you can have the shop check it out for you
Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users