Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

security platinum virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ncthriller

ncthriller

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

Im trying to remove the platinum security virus from a Ferrari 1000 ACER. I can no longer open internet explorer in safe mode so im not sure how to run a virus kill program. i have several other computers to work off of I'm just at a bit of a stand still as far as getting started. Any help that anyone could provide would be great. thank you so much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Clairvoyant

Clairvoyant

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,564 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Hello ncthriller and :welcome: on BC.

I will be helping with your computer problems.

Before to start please note the following:

• If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know
  • Do not make any changes on your own to the computer (installing/uninstall programs, deleting files, modifying the registry, running scanners or other tools, etc.) without instructions to do it
  • Please read every post completely and perform all steps in the specified order. If you can't understand something or you encounter problems please stop and let me know
  • Do not attach logs, use code or quote boxes. Just copy and paste the text unless directed otherwise
  • Even if things appear to be better, it does not mean we have finished. Follow my instructions and reply back until I tell you that your computer is clean.
  • Please reply using the Add Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen
  • Please track this topic by clicking on the Watch Topic button on the top right on this tread => select Immediate Email Notification => click on Proceed button
Now please download from another computer RKill and save it on an USB drive.
Put Rkill on the desktop of the sick computer, launch it by double clicking on its icon and then try to follow these steps.

Please post the RKill log and the other required logs as described in that topic in your next reply.:)

Regards

#3 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 60,984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:26 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users