Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Feedback on my SSD setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cbjfan2009

cbjfan2009

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi guys, I just spent the last 30 minutes trying to fix something I messed up in my BIOS concerning my SSD. I initially ran AS SSD benchmark to determine how fast my SSD was working. That software told me I had pciide driver handling my SSD, so I did what I read online about changing my registry to allow me to switch the BIOS to AHCI. I opened regedit and found that the start setting was already to 0 as it was supposed to be (not 1), so I rebooted and fiddled with the BIOS settings. I think the BIOS showed PCH and GSATA ports in IDE mode, so I switched them to AHCI and then I got a bootmgr missing error. I switched things back and then was able to boot into Win7 (GSATA is still in AHCI mode).
http://postimage.org/image/9le4xycbd/
This shows the results of AS SSD benchmark after getting Win7 to boot and operate with msahci driver at the helm. The image shows the new scores and the old scores.
Does this seem like the numbers I should be getting from a Crucial M4 64GB SSD? I know they're not the best SSDs, but they're priced well!
Also, is there anyway to determine if I'm running off the Marvell SATA ports or the Intel SATA ports?
Thanks a ton!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 diggi

diggi

• Members
  • 335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

You'll have to look for the data on your SSD on the web. Your motherboard will have different colored sata ports and normally first 2 are intel, check manual or manufacturers page to make sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users