Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Python Runtime Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pll8on

pll8on

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

A window pops up all the time and says:

Update Tool was unable to start.
The Python runtime could not be found.
To fix this problem use the UC_IMAGE_PATH environment variable
to provide a path to a valid image.

It is annoying and one has to click on ok to close the popup window.
What if I try to remove/delete Glassfish3 in its entirety?
Python is a programming language feature which I thought came from a Java update.
Glassfish3 first appeared on July 11th, 2012. Under C/ Glassfish3 there is an application for
uninstall, should I try that to get rid of Glassfish3, I don't think I need it.
I googled this but nothing seems to give me a solution.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by hamluis, 05 November 2012 - 03:24 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Programming - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Something changed on your system, and now it cannot find the files it needs. So either your update was incomplete, or something got deleted. You can try deleting glassfish and see what happens.

#3 DarkSnake-Kobra

DarkSnake-Kobra

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

What programing IDE's do you have installed? I'm not familiar with GlassFish, but I know that it is installed with Netbeans. Python maybe installed with a program that uses Python created plugins. I'm not aware of any program that does include an official Python edition by default ( except libraries using Py2Exe), but that doesn't mean it's not possible. Check your programs listing under Control Panel and see if you have that listed and you may need to install it again. You can download it from the below link. If you do install from the below link more then likely you'll need the 2.7 edition since most applications aren't ready for the next generation 3.3 version.

http://python.org/download/

Edited by DarkSnake-Kobra, 06 November 2012 - 10:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users