Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help with Recursive Shortcuts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I'm trying to find a way to list all recursive shortcuts in the command prompt. I remember reading something about this a while back, but my google fu isn't delivering the information that I'm looking for. Does anyone know about this? I don't want to list all files in a directory recursively, I want to list all recursive shortcuts in the file system. Does such a method exist? Thanks.
for3ver,
goose90proof

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'm not sure what you're asking, specifically. Are you trying to list all .LNK files that refer to themselves? I'm not sure such a utility exists. If you mean something like NTFS junctions or hard links, then you may be in better luck.

Edited by Andrew, 06 November 2012 - 05:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users