Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Junkware Removal Tool

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kattalksalot

kattalksalot

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Hey there, once again. It's been almost a year since I posted last on this site -- a years ago, I got infected by a bunch of crap right after I bought this computer, and one of your wonderful volunteers helped me immensely --but I came back here after finding I had my searches hijacked and I could not get rid of the mp3tube toolbar, at very least. I bought I paid version of malwarebytes,right after you people helped me last time, I was so impressed, and I donated my organs to science, upon my death someday, at the request of the person who spent so much time on the job helping me fix all the boo-boos on my computer. Bravo! However, the damned mp3tube toolbar came back, recently, somehow probably bundled with some innocent looking download, and neither malwarebytes, MS Security Essentials, Avast, nor AVG, as I did try them all,nor any anti- spyware I have, nor even Dell techs, themselves have been able to even find it on any scan, so how could I be rid of it? I went as far as to hide the space where the url shows up, and use another bar for googling, but i never could tell which url my page was i was on. Any, to make this long story short, I came back to bleepingcomputer.com because i knew i could trust this site, and that is rare, it seems, lately. I figured I would download a couple of your suggested products to try before I actually did the whole asking for help thing, cause I didn't see the subject of the mp3tube toolbar anywhere on here but mentioned casually, and voila! I downloaded the Junkware removal Tool cleaned up my act all by it's lonesome. What a great job it did. S, I guess I am writing this, now, just to thank you all once again, for helping me, if inadvertently. It's really comforting to have one site that I really trust to not steer me wrong, cause I have found lots of the contrary to be true on the internet in the past many years. :thumbsup: THANK YOU!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,522 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hello kattalksalot :)

Thank you for showing your appreciation.
I'm glad the tool was able to help you out.
Be safe :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users