Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

malwarebytes causes blue screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Hi Family !
I have an Acer Aspire 5315-2940, Windows Vista, 32 bit.
I had a virus/trogan and I believe I got rid of it using Super Anti Spyware, Spybot, and even Malwarebytes. I went to run Malwarebytes one last time to make sure the computer was clean and the computer BLUE SCREENED. I ran other virus removing programs and everything was fine. I can go online and surf normaly. I can do anything I want to on the laptop except run Malwarebytes.
I uninstalled Malwarebytes and downloaded a clean install from Filehippo.com. I installed it and tried to run it but I got the BSOD again.
On the blue screen it says:
Kernal_data_inpage_error
stop: 0x0000007a ( 0xC0216DD4
ATAPORT.SYS-ADDRESS 85B75A9A BASE AT
85B66000, DATESTAMP 49E01EEE

Can anyone shed some light as to why all of a sudden I can't get Malwarebyes to run?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated !
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 StuckInReboot

StuckInReboot

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

I would attempt to boot the computer into safe mode with networking and see if malwarebytes can update and run as a starting point to see if it will run at all.

#3 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

I forgot to say that Malwarebytes runs fine in SAFEMODE. It will update and run perfectly.
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hello -

Follow these procedures as outlined below to uninstall and reinstall the program.

•Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

•It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

•After the computer restarts, Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus, Details HERE if needed, and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here
Make sure you Update the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program after installing to the current version.

Note: If you use the Pro version you will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent.
Launch the program and set the Protection and activation. Always go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray.
Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.
Please list your Antivirus and Firewall programs so I can check if this is causing any problems -

Thank You -
EXTRA - If you still have problems, and they are only Malwarebytes related, please create a free account and post to the link below >>
Malwarebytes Forum - http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=41

Edited by noknojon, 05 November 2012 - 01:42 AM.

#5 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Alot has gone on here.
I followed your instructiona and when I ran Malwarebytes again, it BSOD in less than 3 minutes.
A friend of mine said it sounds like I have a rootkit and that I should try tddskiller.
What are your thoughts on this?

#6 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

That should not cause the problem in my opinion, but I am no Malware Removal Expert -

I would follow the advice I posted in my "EXTRA", under my last post, since the problem seems only program related
I have spent many years there (and I am still posting at times) so I know they will offer the correct information related to this problem -

MBAM Forum can be the place for program specific problems -

Good Luck -

#7 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Ok, thank you for all yer help, it is greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users