Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cpu problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HaveAMellowDay75

HaveAMellowDay75

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

so lately my computer has been running pretty slowly. particularly with use of media. I produce music as well and the program I use crashes alot due to overload of cpu. It was fine until a few weeks ago. Maybe I have virus infections havent scanned with any updated software in a while? also wondering of some tips to boost my cpu capabilities. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

havent scanned with any updated software in a while -

You need to have tour Antivirus Updated almost Every day and allow it to be actively scanning all the time
Do you know what Antivirus is installed and if it is running ??

Do you have any other Antimalware program(s) installed and updated ??

Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE or HERE, and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.

Thank You -

#3 HaveAMellowDay75

HaveAMellowDay75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:26 AM

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.54
Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)
Internet Explorer 8 Out of date!
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````
Windows Firewall Enabled!
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011
Antivirus up to date!
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````
Spyware Doctor 8.0
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.60.0.1800
Java™ 6 Update 24
Java version out of Date!
Adobe Flash Player 10 Flash Player out of Date!
Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date!
Mozilla Firefox (15.0)
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````
AVG avgwdsvc.exe
AVG avgtray.exe
`````````````````System Health check`````````````````
Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 0%
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 PM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Hi -
This is just a "Very Basic" list of some of the obvious items listed in the scan - I have left several links for you to use for some updates that are vital.
You must update many programs, as there are many outdated versions installed, and they do not work correctly any more -

Do you ever update your AVG program ? You should also not have Spyware Doctor installed at the same time as AVG Antivirus -
"Spyware Doctor 8 problem in Windows 7" - This is a thread that often shows up - Please delete it -
Personally I would uninstall AVG at this time With This Tool -
I can give you my recommendations for programs that I have tested and that I trust. All of the following are excellent free (not free trials of) antiviruses.
Be sure to only install one. Ask for more help if you need it -
Microsoft Security Essentials (what I currently use)
Avira AntiVir
avast!

Internet Explorer 8 Out of date! - You should be updated to Internet Explorer 9 by now -

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.60.0.1800 installed - Malwarebytes is now 1.65.1.1000 - You are many months out of date.
The latest version was released - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.1 Oct 2012 and it has several minor updates every day -
You still use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1 20, Jan 2012 It is about 11 months outdated - Update it Now -
Just open the program and click Update, along the top line of options -

Java™ 6 Update 24 is well outdated also - it should now be Java 7 Update 9 - Look in Control Panel for the Java Icon
Click on the Icon and the second Tab should be Update > Click on this -

Adobe Flash Player is now >> Flash Player 11.4
Adobe Reader 9 is now Adobe Reader XI (11.0) Untick any extra options, like Google Chrome -

These may help with some of your problems, and you still need to keep updating your Security Programs at least every week -

Do you know if you have Microsoft Updates turned on at this time, and do you use it ??

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users