Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frozen Boot Up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 volbuck1

volbuck1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hello!

I was online today when my computer suddenly shut down. I tried to reboot it but when I did an Intel screen comes on with the letters 'EB' in the lower right screen and the computer seemingly is stuck on this screen. Nothing else happens. I have no options to do anything. CTL, ALT, DEL doesnt work. F8 doesnt work. Nothing.

Of note, I am using Windows 7. If anyone can offer me any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much!

Edited by nasdaq, 05 November 2012 - 10:14 AM.
Reported. An expert in that matter whould be with you ASAP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hello volbuck1 :)

Here are a couple of things to try

1) Turn the off (Shutdown instead of Restart)
2) Remove any USB devices from any USB ports on the computer

Then power on the computer and see if that changes the boot process.

Try these two things first and also let me know if you have your Windows 7 DVD or a Windows 7 Repair Disc.

#3 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic will be closed.

If you need the topic re-opened, private message me or any moderator to re-open the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users