Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp keeps breaking ( really need help)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sparteh

Sparteh

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

Hello. I have big problem. Since monday my pc keeps breakig. After each break I had to reinstall my xp. After each install it breaks again. Since monday I had to reinstall my windows about 15 times. Each time my pc dies. Sometimes I just cant start it (it freezes between windows and welcome). I cant automatic update because it kills my pc (shows that something is not found). Lately it showed that system32/system file was not found. I tried to install from few different cd (all original).
Pc info - xp proffesional sp2 (cant update because last time I tried it showed that my few dll were not found).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 AM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

"breaking" is not helpful. EXACTLY what is going on that requires you to reinstall the OS. You need to describe the problem(s) IN DETAIL.

#3 josh_the_techie

josh_the_techie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Yes, please give more information. Since Windows is not booting, it could be anything from a software issue to a hardware issue.

#4 Sparteh

Sparteh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

Well monday it started acting strange. My antivirus (avg) started showing messege that it cant find it program files. A bit later it rebooted and between windows sign and welcome screen it froze at black screen. Tried few times still got same thing. Later I rewrote windows. It worked fine but started giving non responding messeges. After few automatic updates. I had to download genuine update thing. I downloaded, computer restart, then I was getting genuine install screen. I tried to install but it kept freezing. When I tried to open internet, folders, my computer... before actually opening I got messeges of them being non responding. Then When I rebooted (next day) same black screen frezze happened (I described it earlier). I asked my friend who have original windows disk to help. He rewrote windows with his disk. Now I can connect to internet, open pc, even update a little. As soon as I reached update to sp3 I was getting messege that autnhos.dll (I am not shure about spelling) was not found.... Later when I canceled that update it showed that it failed to return to previos (before update) state. After pc restart I got messege that system32/system file note found or corrupted. Reinstallled again (from friends cd). Reinstalled everything. Updated to all updates up to sp3. Installed all drivers. I was getting error when downloading (cant download, cant copy...). Checked from errors using chkdisk thing. It found 7 or 8 files with bad clusters. After scan (same as before scan) I tried to install mircosoft office (from my disk). I coudnt do that. I was getting errors (only I remember that it was system c...... error. Dont remember its name, but its same error that stops downloads). Later when my pc was turned off and turned on. I got system32/system file not found thing.

Edit. Now I reinstalled again, installed must have drivers and runned chkdisk. For now its working but I am afraid to auto update because it might kill my pc again.

Edited by Sparteh, 04 November 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#5 Hawkeye4

Hawkeye4

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Hope you did a clean install? If so, you should be okay.

#6 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

It takes about two hours to reinstall Windows XP and fully update it. Are you seriously saying you did that 15 times??

Sounds to me like you have some hardware problem.

#7 josh_the_techie

josh_the_techie

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

I agree...it definitely sounds like a hardware problem. I would recommend downloading Memtest86+, burn it to a CD, boot from the CD, and run the test overnight to see if any memory errors show up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users