Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 yiazmat

yiazmat

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Do you recognize any infected files? I had to create zip for ark.txt. That file is too big.

Attached File  DDS.txt   14.64KB   3 downloads

Attached File  Attach.txt   15.14KB   1 downloads

Attached File  ark.zip   85.38KB   1 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hello yiazmat and welcome to BC.

Please do not attach logs unless instructed, posting them directly makes the log more readable.
I can assume that you're experiencing some symptoms that's why you're asking if there is any infected file, is that correct? Can you please tell me those symptoms please if any.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

#3 yiazmat

yiazmat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

I find it strange because windows update and windows firewall stopped working properly. I struggled with starting them through services.msc. They both refuse
to be started. That's why I am not sure if there's infected files in these logs. Sorry about putting the logs in here right away. I had to ask you the question
through. Services.msc says that they are started after I clicked on start for these programs. when I go on security center and start them, they won't work. I believe that they are stopped by malicious files.

#4 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

We will begin with Combofix.

Download Combofix (by Subs) from any of the links below, make sure that you save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

• It's important to temporary disable your anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. See HERE
  • Close any open windows, including this one.
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.

*It's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.
*The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode.
*This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures. If you did not have it installed, you will see the prompt below. Choose YES.

Posted Image

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
  • When prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
  • Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the contents of the log (C:\ComboFix.txt).

Important notes:

• Leave your computer alone while ComboFix is running.
  • ComboFix will restart your computer if malware is found; allow it to do so.
  • ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
  • Please do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running because it may call it to stall.
  • ComboFix SHOULD NOT be used unless requested by a forum helper. See HERE.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

#5 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users