Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seagate 500gb Harddrive suddenly isn't recognized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pinkycheska

pinkycheska

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Pls. help! I have been using my SEAGATE 500gb harddrive formatted for both Windows and MAC for about 6mos now. Last used it last week, this evening, when I tried using it again, it was not being recognized by my MAC laptop. Tried connecting it to 2 other WINDOWS laptops and still not recognized. WHat should i do? Everything important and needed for my work is saved in that hard drive! Pls. pls. help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hi Pinky

Can you tell us some more about the drive like the model and if it is USB2.0 or 3.0 or something else?

Also, what do you mean by "not recognized"? I want to know just how far it gets and if you boot with it connected or if you are trying to connect it after the computer is already booted.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users