Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Server Storage Expansion

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dwfender

dwfender

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hey all.

I've been out of the computer hardware game from quite a while and I'm looking for some direction so I don't have to deal with purchasing and returning the wrong products.

Here is my problem: I'm looking to add storage to my NAS and I don't know which harddrives, both size and type, are compatible with the unit.

I have an Acer Aspire EasyStore-AH340G server. Right now it's only running a 1TB drive for storage and WHS. I'm look to start expanding as much as I can through the 3 other bays. I'm reading on Acer's super limited website and Amazon that the drive storage can only be expanded to 4 TB. At the same time I'm reading in forums that it is expandable to 8 TB if you simply use 2 TB drives which may have not been available when the companies were making 4 TB claims.

I was searching around for drives and eventually came across a 3 TB drive by WD that is SATA III. If I can use this to fill in a slot I will. I'm looking to get the most I can out of the storage which I use primarily for RAW and TIFF photos and would like to set up a Raid array.

The price difference between the 2 TB drives and the 3 TB is only maybe 30 dollars.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Like I said I've been out of the game a while and a lot of the jargon and whatnot goes over my head.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users