Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am i infected? Trojan.win32.Agent.unnc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raain

Raain

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

Hello,

this morning i turned on my computer and my antivirus (kaspersky 2012 internet security) tells me that i am infected with Trojan.win32.Agent.unnc
the location of the trojan was in my steam folder. After going through the appropriate procedure that my antivirus prompted me to do i did another
full system scan and another trojan (Trojan.win32.Agent.unnn) was detected in my steam folder.

I do alot of internet banking and i become a bit paranoid when it comes to malware and trojans, Am i still infected?

I also booted the computer in safe mode w/ networking and did a full system scan with kaspersky 2012 internet security and malwarebytes anti-malware
and the results have come up with 0 problems

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: my most recently installed program was java 7 update 9 on 31/10/2012, the viruses appeared on 3/11/2012

Edited by Raain, 03 November 2012 - 01:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jabbakie

Jabbakie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:39 AM

This is kinda funny. I just found out I am infected with the same two viruses, same folder (Steam), AppOverlay.dll and another .dll are being infected. I use Zone Alarm Suite, I am up to date on signatures, did a deep scan over the weekend with both ZA and Malwarebytes Antimalware Free that turned out nothing.

Too much of a coincidence. Is this a false positive? Did Steam update itself with virused files? Or is this for real?

Anyone?

#3 Jabbakie

Jabbakie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

This http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=247935&pid=1932129&st=0&#entry1932129 at kaspersky forums says it's a false positive, a lot of people are getting it since downloading new signatures. Makes sense, ZA uses the Kaspersky engine and I've downloaded signatures today.

I will re-download libs from Steam to see if it gets flagged.

#4 Raain

Raain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Oh what a coincidence ! that is weird, let me know how it turns out id like to know too !
and thanks for the info

#5 Jabbakie

Jabbakie

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:53 AM

Yeah, re-downloaded from Steam directly and ZA flagged it right away and deleted it. I have added exception based on Kaspersky and Steam forums reaction and moved on with life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users