Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows error message with TFC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tierra93

Tierra93

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

The last several times I've run TFC I get an error message about windows and saying it will restart. I've uploaded the screen shot.

How do I fix this?

Thank you.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:24 PM

TFC always requires a reboot at the completion of cleaning to ensure it hasfully removed temp files -

If you think the problem is with the program, please uninstall it and reinstall a new copy and follow these instructions below >>

Download Latest version, 3.1.9.0 TFC by OldTimer http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe to your desktop.

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

Note: If you are running on Vista or Windows7, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator

TFC will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.* Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
* Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
* Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

Edited by noknojon, 02 November 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#3 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

How do I uninstall it - it's not on the list in Control Panel's Uninstall a program and Revo remover doesn't find it either. There were instructions for installing it but not uninstalling it.

Thank you.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

From your posted image, you are using already the latest version. You just need to delete the program icon from where it is located and download a new one.

Tekken

#5 Tierra93

Tierra93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 207 posts
  •  

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks - all fixed!

#6 jhayz

jhayz