Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Failed to connect to a windows service

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 sippenhaft

sippenhaft

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Have not done much with the computer, there where some windows updates over the past week or so...

Turn on computer and it loads pretty normal. A few times it took a long time.
In the incon tray notification pops up and says:
Faild to connect to a windows serivce.
Group Policy CLient service....prevents users from logging on ... as an admin look in event log.

This is my home/personal computer and there are NO other users?!?
Not sure what the hec this error is.
It goes away after a minute and the computer runs fine.

I have Avast internet security, malewarebytes running. Did scans with same with negative results.
Also ran TDSSKILLER, Superantispyware, and spybot also with negative results (other than cookies)

Googled and goggled some more...tried to change/add a registry setting to delay the Group Policy Timeout as seen in this workaround: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2421599
but the issue is still here...

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Any thoughts?
Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

From M/soft advice forums this is the mst general answer .........
This may mostly occur if the user account is corrupted or missing some files.
First I would suggest that you run an online virus scan on the computer to scan and remove any virus or malware infection on the computer and check if it works.
Refer the below link to the online virus scan and perform a full service scan on the computer.

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm (Onecare Live has been deleted- Use ESET online Scanner )
If you are unable to boot to desktop in the normal mode I would suggest that you boot the computer to Safe mode with networking and try the online scan.

I would run sfc /scannow to try and check if all System Files are operating and not corrupted in any way -
Go - Start > Programs > Accessories > Roght click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator > Type sfc /scannow and press Enter -
Note the space between ( c and / ) - This will take about 10 to 15 minutes to run (on average)

Edited by noknojon, 02 November 2012 - 06:26 PM.

#3 sippenhaft

sippenhaft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Onecare is gone...

So I used ESET and ran the scan.
It found 5 items (deleted them...), however, all the items I know what they are and I installed them. (I have log if you want to see it)
Also ran SCANNOW in command prompt window and it found no errors...

what now...?

:busy:

Edited by sippenhaft, 02 November 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

You can list the removed items if you like - Is the problem still there ??

If you think there may still be a problem, please start a new topic in Am I Infected area of the forum for more infection help.

Do not post any logs in that area unless a helper asks you to scan with specific tools -

Thank You -

#5 sippenhaft

sippenhaft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I started a post in the AM I INFECTED forum as instructed...the problem persists...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic473923.html

You may lock this thread. Thank you for your help.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Now that you have a topic in Am I Infected about your issues...this topic is now closed to avoid possible confusion.

If you still have issues after your AII topic is resolved, just send me a PM and I will reopen this (if you wish).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users