Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maxtor One Touch III

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xanderthemighty

xanderthemighty

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

My Maxtor One Touch III has been running fine for several months on my Windows 7 64bit machine. Sometime last month I learned it wasn't showing up anymore, so I looked online after trying to get it working. The Seagate website for Maxtor drives (Seagate bought Maxtor) shows that there is no driver for Windows 7 and that it doesn't work at all on 64bit machines.

I haven't been able to get it back recently but it does show up on the device manager as well as Devices and Printers. I think there must be some way to reach it other than through My Computer which won't show it at all. I'm not ready to give this up... some of the info is pretty important. Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. I've tried it on a Windows 7 machine with 32bits with similar results.

Edited by hamluis, 02 November 2012 - 08:27 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hello xanderthemighty,

This may help your with your problem.

My link

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see SeaTools for windows. Hopefully this will help
Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

#3 xanderthemighty

xanderthemighty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

Well the way I solved the issue was to rip apart the Maxtor enclosure, pull out the hard drive and hook it up to another external enclosure. The hard drive works now.

Well the way I solved the issue was to rip apart the Maxtor enclosure, pull out the hard drive and hook it up to another external enclosure. The hard drive works now.

#4 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

Glad you got it worked out. I don't like to suggest that right away. Some people are not comfortable opening the cases and trying that.
Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users