Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezing Intermittently Due to Wireless Card

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Russell Vegh

Russell Vegh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

I custom built my computer and I am having problems with intermittent freezing. I had to replace my last wireless adapter because the connection was very slow (only sometimes). I replaced the card and now the speeds are great but sometimes the computer will freeze intermittently freeze for 1-2 secs. The mouse, video, sound and everything freezes and the sound puts out a weird "morphed" sound. To alleviate this problem I have to move the mouse down to the wireless icon in the right area of the task bar, click on it, and then click on the wireless connection. Then it will be fine.
My computer is running windows 7 professional and the wireless driver is up to date. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry but I just realized I probably posted this in the wrong topic. Not sure how to change it.

Edited by bloopie, 01 November 2012 - 07:09 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved topic from AII to the Windows7 forum. ~ bloopie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

Let me ask a mod to move the topic.

Edited by narenxp, 01 November 2012 - 06:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users