Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Exchange Error: Event ID 9646

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cuistech

cuistech

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

User is ringing up an error for "objtFolder" exceeding the limit of 500 objects.

The user does not have 500 folders on their mailbox, nor (as I've done some googling, but not to a lot of effect so far) are they accessing a shared mailbox, as far as I can tell. The other option I found was desktop search engines causing a problem, but the user does not use one of those, and even Windows Desktop Search has been disabled.

The user doesn't fit any of the easily identified symptoms. Can someone suggest something else to look at, please? Most of what I've found already just indicates changing/creating a registry key to alter the threshold for objects, but I'd rather see the issue corrected than just up the limit on objects before throwing an error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hadnjury

Hadnjury

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 11 November 2012 - 12:06 PM

Have you seen this Suppot.microsoft.com

Here is another The exchange team blog

shot in the dark based off of limited info given.
Some people think technology has the answers - Kevin Mitnick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users